1. Got my plaque! Now all they need to do is engrave my name on it.
2. Enjoyed our soccer-themed event. The jacket is so cute! Gotten a lot of compliments from my friends over Facebook. I wonder who the guy behind me is though?
3. Finished 6 novels. That's 6% of my target for 2010. I'm on track.
4. Went to our invitation supplier. I have never seen so many paper types to choose from! I was buried under various paper colors, gsm, paper styles, and ink varieties. I didn't think choosing your invitation was that complicated! Picked Conqueror White Wove in 220 GSM for our inserts. Prestige Zanzibar Bronze for the envelopes (of which I am changing after talking to the calligrapher, see #5).
5. Talked to 5 calligraphers who all recommended that dark envelopes will not make the calligraphy ink register correctly. The use of gel pen for me is a no-no.
6. Hotel ocular is a horror! How come Quezon City doesn't have a decent hotel? Seriously, why would I pay good money for hotels whose carpets are smelly and the tiles are dirty? I expected them to put their best foot forward during the ocular, but they didn't. Some hotels even have the audacity to charge for pictorials during the wedding preps! My Mom and I were disappointed. We scratched out Quezon City hotels for wedding prep venues. Our recommendation: RENOVATE! MAINTAIN YOUR FACILITIES! We went to Ortigas. It was awesome! Big rooms, very clean, and we were even treated to a free lunch care of the hotel's account executive. I even got a very good rate. About 36% discount from the room rates!
7. Talked to a flower supplier. It seems the bouquet (see below) I want costs an arm and a leg because they're all imported and must be ordered outside the country. Figures. Got my flower inspiration from an English autumn wedding. Will settle then on local flowers but with the same scheme but at a friendlier cost. Will do an ocular inspection of the flower supplier's assembly office before we make the final decision. I have to make sure they don't use a lot of fillers!
8. Felt like a million bucks when I went to Una Rosa to check out their End of Season sale. The salesladies were fawning all over me. Ended up buying 2 blouses that will be great for office wear and even in jeans and a dress. I guess that makes me a sucker for compliments no? But I did resist buying the boyfriend blazers. It was nice though.
9. Wanted these shoes badly as my "something blue" for the wedding. I did a double take when I saw it at Stella Luna. I knew it was THE shoes because I wanted something blue and something that I use over and over again after the wedding. But the price was rather prohibitive at 6k a pop. I have to manage our budget wisely since not only am I paying for my share of the wedding but I'm also paying for the house my sister and I are building for my Mom and Dad. And so I turned my back around. Sob. Settled for something much more affordable. If circumstances were different, I'd buy it the moment I tried it on my feet.